This refreshing lavender lemonade recipe combines the naturally relaxing effects of lavender with the cool-by-the-poolness of old-fashioned lemonade. Sip it nice and slow. Toast to soaking up the best of summer with your friends and family.
Lavender lemonade: Ingredients
- 1 tray ice cubes
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 8 lemons
- 5 cups cold water, or as needed
- Place ice cubes into a 2-quart pitcher. Place the lavender into a bowl, and pour boiling water over it. Allow steeping for about 10 minutes, then straining out the lavender and discard. Mix the sugar into the hot lavender water, then pour into the pitcher with the ice.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons into the pitcher, getting as much juice as you can. Top off the pitcher with cold water, and stir. Taste, and adjust lemon juice or sugar if desired. Pour lavender lemonade into tall glasses. Pull up a lawn chair and a good book, and simply relax!
—Recipe courtesy of Pam Beattie, owner of Venetian Décor
More refreshing drink recipes to try
- Homemade Strawberry Lemonade: With fresh lemon juice, fresh strawberries, and a light sweetener, this strawberry lemonade is perfectly tart and hits the spot any time of the year.
- Pomegranate Martini: There’s no end to all the ways you can play with this recipe and still come up with a fabulous drink – as long as you like pomegranate juice.
- Peach Raspberry Beer: The beer flavor in this drink is light and it’s full of sweetness from the fruit.
- Refreshing Summer Sangria: Light, fruity and dangerously delicious.
- Warp Core Breach: A fun Star Trek-inspired cocktail, best served with dry ice in glass bowls for effect. Get the recipe, plus party appetizer and music ideas.